Come on ladies, admit it. We all have days where we just can’t be bothered to wash and style our hair, yet still want it to look amazing. Put a few of these hair hacks into practice and you’ll wonder why you’ve been spending all that time styling! Now you can have an extra half an hour in bed instead!
10 Lazy Girl Hair Hacks
- To keep flyaway hair at bay simply spray an old toothbrush with hairspray and gently brush in a downwards motion. This is a quick and easy way to tame those stray hairs.
- Two magic words…. dry shampoo. My ultimate favourite hair product… beloved by lazy girls (and really busy ones too) the world over! If your hair is looking a little flat or greasy, apply a quick squirt of dry shampoo, work it in and brush it out. Voila, fab, fresh hair! If you run out of dry shampoo then a little cornflour or even talc can have the same effect. Just make sure you brush any white marks off your shoulders too.
- Pop your hair up in a messy bun. A little more interesting than a ponytail but just as simple. Tie your hair up loosely, twist and swirl into a bun and secure with a bobble and hair grips.
- Learn to love plaits. Never underestimate the power of the plait! Get yourself on YouTube and watch some simple tutorials for funky new plait ideas.
- Embrace beachy waves. Possibly the best lazy girl hair hack! All you need is a little mousse to tame that bed hair into beautiful beach hair! Spray the mousse into your palm and scrunch the hair as you apply it. If your hair is like my sister’s, which doesn’t hold any texture, try salt spray for a better texture and hold!
- Go all urban, try a turban! You can buy some gorgeous turbans this season, or even try bandanas and thick fabric headbands. Much prettier than a hat!
- Create a pinched ponytail. Tie a low side ponytail, then at every inch pinch and add another bobble, length determines how many pinches you’ll end up with.
- The half up, half down hair hack. Easy peasy and making a fast comeback. It’s no longer just the style your mum made you have as a child (I have vivid horrendous memories of this)!
- Use hand cream as an anti-frizz serum. A quick fix for sudden frizz. Squirt a tiny amount into your hands and just smooth over your hair soooo gently. Don’t go overboard or you’ll end up with grease!
- A shot of vodka for extra shine. For your hair woman, not to drink (though drinking it may help you care less about your hair)! After you wash your hair, rinse with a shot of vodka for awesome shine. Don’t do it every day though as it will eventually dry your hair out. Just use it on special occasions.
I hope you manage to save some time with these tips. These have saved me from the dreaded bad hair day on a few instances! As always – let us know your lazy girl hair hacks on our Facebook page. You can also sign up to our newsletter here and be the first to know about our latest blogs, offers, courses, and resources.